Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day One-Kinda

I'm starting a little blog thing here to attempt to inspire myself and others on my upcoming weight loss journey. I have signed up to complete a "diet" that is a 20 week program wherein I will be consuming meal replacement shakes and fresh fruits and vegetables for a total of 1000 calories a day. I weigh in weekly with my class of around 15-20 other people who are doing the same thing and we are monitored by a doctor and dietitian throughout the time period. I know many people who have been extremely successful on this program and have kept the weight off. This blog will just be my thoughts, trials and tribulations throughout it all.

I just got back from my first meeting with the doctor who is in charge of the program. I had my blood work done last week and based on my blood I am as healthy as a horse but as fat as one as well. I'm not quite ready to put my number down to the Internet world as to how much I currently weigh. I guess its like telling your new boyfriend your sexual conquest number-frightening and uncomfortable all wrapped into one soul crushing judgemental stare down so I'm not going to do it yet. I think sometimes telling your hook up number may be easier! But the good news is that I ONLY HAVE 50 POUNDS TO LOSE! The bad news is that I ONLY HAVE 50 POUNDS TO LOSE! I know I can accomplish this goal and am ready to begin. He stated that most people lose 17% of their body weight during the 20 week session. I will have to increase my workouts to an hour a day to accomplish over 17% of weight loss. That's okay. I think I can do it.

Oh yeah, I should probably mention that I have two small children and a sorta job. I work 3 days a week at the family business and occasionally from home but am home with the kids the days that they are not at daycare. I have a daughter who just turned two and a son who is 5 months old. It's slightly exhausting. But enjoyable. My husband is a wonderful guy and we have been married for 5 years this month. I will call him "M." My husband also is building his own business and so he is on the road a lot trying to make a name for his-self which leaves the parenting mostly to me when he is gone. I think its hard. And I have eaten myself silly lately to I guess get my feelings out or something?! This has resulted in being fat and miserable so now its time to do something about it. So here I am! Pictures and other self absorbed things to follow!

2 comments:

  1. Lola! Look at you getting your blog on! I'm your first follower and your first commenter, I'm so excited I could pee my pants!

    Can't wait to follow you on this journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tami! Your blog rocks and thank you for the encouragement! I loved your post last week about why the hell not be able to do it!? You are a kick ass example of why the heck not? Thanks for the kick in the ass!

    ReplyDelete